Monday, January 19, 2009

President Obama

This week will see the truly historic inauguration of President Barack Obama. As someone who supported Mr. Obama over the course of this past presidential campaign I am pleased to see him finish up his transition to power and become our 44th president. I can only imagine what it must feel like for so many to finally see someone who looks like them in the highest office in the land, but as for myself I can say that I am proud to see my country taking yet another step toward living out the principle that "all men are created equal" (even if there is still quite a ways to go). If what we as a nation and as a world in general are going through right now is any indication, President Obama will have to face many difficult challenges over the next four years, so I wish him and the team that he has assembled all the best and hope that all of us, no matter who we voted for, will do the same.

In honor of the occasion, here is a look back at the historic election that brought us to this moment through the eyes of one of the most trusted names in fake news:

1 comment:

  1. Yaaaay, Sam has a blog!! :)

    Thanks for posting that video!! Without cable, I've been totally missing out on the Daily Show antics for quite some time...

    ReplyDelete